As a small business owner, you know social media is a great way to reach new customers and grow your brand. But what do you post? And how often? If you’re struggling to come up with a good content strategy, don’t worry – I can help.
In today’s digital world, content is king. If you want your small business to succeed, you need to have a solid content strategy in place, but I see many businesses make the mistake of posting randomly on social media without any sort of plan. If you want to use social media effectively, it’s essential to have a clear idea of what kind of content you want to post, which platform/s you intend to focus on and when. That’s where your content strategy comes in.
A content strategy is a plan for how you will create, publish, and manage your social media content. It should consider your business goals, target audience, and overall marketing objectives. Without a content strategy, it’s all too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks of running your business and neglecting your website and social media channels. A good strategy will keep you focused and help you generate ideas for new content that will engage and convert your target audience.
Why do you need a content strategy?
There are several reasons why having a social media content strategy is essential for small businesses. Firstly, it ensures that all of your content is aligned with your business goals. Every piece of content you create should be helping you move closer to your objectives. Secondly, a well-thought-out strategy will help you save time and money by preventing you from wasting resources on creating ineffective or irrelevant content. And lastly, having a plan in place will give you a roadmap for success that you can refer back to again, and again, as you continue to grow your business online.
How to create a content strategy
Follow these steps and you’ll be well on your way to creating killer social media content that converts!
1) Define your goals: What do you want to achieve with your content? This could be anything from growing your brand awareness to driving sales or generating leads.
2) Do some research: Take the time to learn about your target audience—what they like, what they don’t like, what their pain points are, etc. The better you understand them, the better able you are to create content that resonates with them.
3) Identify the key channels: Which platforms will you use to reach your target audience? Where does your target audience gather online?
4) Create an editorial calendar: This will help you stay organised and ensure that all of your content is published on time. Be sure to leave some flexibility in there for those times when inspiration strikes and you want to deviate from the plan!
5) Set some KPIs: Key performance indicators (KPIs) help measure whether or not your content is actually achieving its desired results. Without KPIs in place, it’s impossible to know if what you’re doing is working or not—so be sure to set some before getting started.
6) Rinse and repeat!: Don’t forget that creating epic content isn’t a one-time thing—it’s an ongoing process that requires regular effort and attention. As long as you stay focused and dedicated, you’ll be churning out great social media stuff in no time!
Creating a content strategy isn’t always easy, but it’s worth taking the time to do it right. After all, without a clear plan, it’s easy to waste time and money on social media posts that don’t actually help grow your business. So if you’re not sure what kind of content to post on your business’s social media accounts, sit down and spend some time creating a content strategy, or get in touch with me for some help. It could be the best decision you ever make for your business!